CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Troublemaker

Our new nickname for Jayna is "troublemaker". Not in the sense that she is disobedient...actually, she is very responsive to correction and wails when given a stern "no". What I mean is that she gets in to EVERYTHING! She's explorative and curious (Mel-maybe she gets this from Ethan?!), which usually results in big messes. She is the reason our house too often looks like a disaster area (never mind the fact that I'm just not a good housekeeper, I've finally forced myself to admit). One of her favorite acitivities is to carry objects from one room of the house to another. For example, I often find tupperware (the tupperware drawer is the one thing in the kitchen she's allowed to play in) in our master bathroom. If you know our house, you know that's an impressive feat! Shoes, too...I can NEVER find a match because she carries them all over the house, one shoe at a time. And I have at least three sandwich bags of wipes from when she has pulled dozens out of the container before I caught her.

I'm sure if I looked back through all our pictures I could show you more examples, but I do have a couple of recent videos that demonstrate her amazing mess-making abilities.

In the first, she found a kleenex box and emptied it (almost) before Steve noticed. So he pulled out the camera.

In the second, which was just this week, we were just done with dinner and I had put leftover spaghettie noodles in a tupperware, but hadn't put it in the fridge yet. Apparently, Jayna decided to grab it off the table and carry it into the living room...and dump it out. I'm just grateful it wasn't the tupperware of spaghetti sauce! So we thought "what the heck" and let them play with it.





8 comments:

The Wrights

I love the fact that Travis tells Jayna, "look at all these noodles",right in the beginning of the video, as if she totally understands what he's saying. Too funny!!

Anonymous

This is hilarious! And I love it! Grannyb

Tiffany Nevil

that is awesome!

Mashel

That is hillarious. I love the fact that you don't get mad at her, you just grab the camera. That is a great mom! Your kids are so blessed to have you.

stormie

I cant say i would be that calm about it.. To funny, I cant belive how big Jayna is getting I really think her and Jada are the exsact same size!!

Kara

This age is so so cute, and so so crazy!

The Engman family

Oh kids! This must be a family trend...check out the video I just posted on our blog.

Bonnie Kim

I love how Travis goes into a small trance towards the end of the video and totally spaces out!