CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our summer...

Summer - aka my favorite time of year - is here!! Yahoo!! And this summer is going to be a great one, as we have lots of fun trips/activities planned. Though I admit that we may have overbooked ourselves a tad. I'm praying now that I won't get stressed out over the preparations for any of it, and that we'll be able to really enjoy our time together and make lots of good memories. Here's our summer at a glance:

This week: Jayna's birthday on Thursday!, bridal shower in Portland on Saturday, and Father's Day on Sunday.

My mom (and sister, right Becky?) coming for a visit next week.

Joint Travis/Jayna birthday party with extended family.

Travis' and nephew's birthday.

Trip to visit the family in Klamath Falls (Steve gets to go, too!). This is in early July.

Trip to Portland zoo with some of Steve's family.

Camping trip in central OR with others of Steve's family.

Trip to Boise, ID for Steve's sister's wedding - Travis is the ring bearer!

Camping trip with my family at Ike Kinswa State Park - can't wait!

Our anniversary. (though we probably won't do much, since we're saving a bigger trip for our tenth next year)

Church camping trip.

And on top of all of that, I'll be leading a weekly Bible study for moms at church (there are 28 signed up!, more on that later...); I'll also be training for a 1/2 marathon (more on that later, too)!! Which I'll run on Sept. 26th.

Phew! I'm a little bit exhausted just reading that list! And as much as I'm looking forward to all of those things, I'm also really excited for the days we'll just be home, going to parks, farmers markets, playing in the backyard, etc.

What does your summer look like?!

2 comments:

Kara

My summer looks a lot more mellow than yours :). We have lots of people visiting us here, but no huge plans. THis is the the first summer we have ever mainly stayed home, so I am actually looking forward to it!

Anonymous

The prep for those trips IS the hardest thing for moms so don't let that stress you out too much. Enjoy your summer and can't wait for our time together! Mom