CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 3, 2009

Travis turns 4!

His "big" present...a bike! He's not overly excited about it right now, but maybe with time?

I just realized that in the craziness of Travis' birthday and the days since, I forgot to put anything on the blog about him turning 4. Whoops!

Well, we went back and forth about what kind of a party to have for Travis this year, but in the end, it worked out perfectly, and Travis had a blast. We invited whatever family was able to come, along with Jenisa (one of Travis' best buds) and her family. Not too overwhelming, lots for the kids to do, and no set-up/clean-up/planning for me to do. That's my kind of kid's party!




Skee-ball...everyone's favorite. (I'll post a good video of Jayna playing later)

Travis at 4:
-Is so funny! I know most kids at this age can say some pretty funny things, but I tell you, this kid makes us laugh! One recent quote....Evan was a bit fussy but I couldn't get to him right then (I don't remember what I was doing), so I asked Travis if he would please go and try to make Evan smile. So he went over to him and talked in a high-pitched voice to him (for all of about 5 seconds), and when that didn't work he came back to me and said very regretfully, "I can't make him smile, Mommy. I don't have any milk in my tummy". Another one....I had just disciplined him for who-knows-what, and he furrowed his brow and said, "But Mommy, I love you but I do not like your behavior". There are so many random, little things he says throughout the day that make me giggle.
-Is as social as ever. He can sometimes act or seem shy initially, but that's pretty much an act. The mention of him/us going to spend time with pretty much anyone gets him sooo excited. I kind of feel bad whenever anyone else is around because he does NOT leave them alone! He just always wants someone playing with him.
-Is turning out to be quite a strong-willed and stubborn kid. This will serve him well in many ways later in life, but for now....whew! Let's just say he keeps us praying!
-Is a GREAT helper! He truly loves to be helpful.
-Loves the outdoors (just like his parents), his lambie, throwing rocks, baseball, fruit snacks, sleeping in his sleeping bag, reading books (with someone, not alone:), helping Steve with projects, helping me in the kitchen, taking care of the pets....there's so much more, it's hard to think of it all!
Travis-
You are getting to be such a big boy! In this last year, you went from being a toddler to being a little boy who goes to baseball games with his Daddy and helps his Mommy with Jayna and Evan. You're starting preschool in the fall, and before we know it, you'll be graduating high school. It makes me sick to think about it:) You teach your Daddy and me so much about life, love, and God's love for us. We are humbled that God would put you in our care, and I pray every day that we will please and honor Him in the way we raise you. In your words...we love you "to the moon and back sixty, eighty, one hundred times"!
Mommy


Oh yes, and a wonderful end to a great day on Monday....I heard late in the evening that I have a new nephew!! He was born to Melanie and Eric (my sis and her husband) and big brother Ethan. We may have to be creative in planning future birthday parties, but all in all, it will be fun for Travis and baby Hudson to share a birthday! And way fun for the cluster of boy cousins to grow up together! Happy birthday, Hudson. You are loved SO much by your Schwartz family, and by so many others.


Hudson

5 comments:

Anonymous

Wow, line up the baby pics of Travis, Ethan, Evan, and Hudson, and maybe only the mama's could tell them apart! But amazing to see you individual they all really are! Grandma S.

Happy Birthday Travis!

Mashel

My goodness, how is it that you nephew looks so much like your kids? Look at all that hair. And that baby one of Travis, are you sure you didn't just post a recent one of Evan on accident? lol. What a big boy you are, happy birthday Travis!

Bonnie Kim

I cried looking at Trav's baby pic. The bike looks like fun!

The Johnsons

Happy Birthday to both Jayna and Travis!

Becky

Happy Birthday Travis!