CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 26, 2010

Tubing at Snoqualmie

A couple of weeks ago we decided to take the kids (minus Evan, plus our pal Rachel) up to Snoqualmie for some tubing. We had so much fun! I've never been tubing at a place where there was a tube lift that you could ride up... it was fabulous! Because walking in snow uphill is seriously difficult! It is too expensive to do more than once a year or so, but totally worth it - as long as you go on a day when it's not too busy. I've heard that most of the time, you can get on the lift pretty much as soon as you're down the hill (no lines). We made the mistake of going on President's day when there were too many people, which meant long lines. So that would be my best piece of advice if you ever plan on going there - go during the school day. The kids seemed to have fun - Jayna was a bit timid at first but did well, and Travis liked riding the lift up even more than tubing down! Silly kid. Afterward, we played in the snow and went to lunch in North Bend. On the way home...even Rachel the high-schooler slept :)
This gives an idea of the set-up. There were 8 or 9 lanes for riding down, and the lift on the left. The hills are steeper than they look in this picture.
Travis making a snow angel.
Waiting in line to go down. Kids 5 & under are required to go down with an adult, which was just as well since there's no way they'd want to go by themselves at this point!

4 comments:

Kara

OOh that looks fun. I am not super into the idea of downhill skiing or snowboarding, but that would be fun with kids.

Jessy

Looks like so much fun! We'll have to try it sometime!

Anonymous

Steve's head HAD to be cold! I used to do this with my youth group and had so much fun, but without the luxury of a lift! Good memories made! Mom S.

Becky

How fun! Who is this random Rachel girl and why did you bring her? and I'm not asking in a rude way, I'm only curious! lol