I really want to start doing a better job of maintaining this blog! My problem is that I just can't bring myself to do things out of order. So I get further and further behind, and then it seems like such a daunting task to catch up. And I decide to do something else with my beloved evening free time :) But in the meantime, I often think of little things to blog about, but since I can't do things out of order....you get the point. So this week, I'm going to get caught up! To start, our summer....(which will require a few posts)
First, a few pictures from before our our trip to Klamath (well look at that, I'm going out of order!)
In late June, my mom made her annual trip to Bellingham and stopped for a few days to stay with us - and brought my sissy Becky with her! I don't remember what all we did, but a highlight was going strawberry picking! We picked A LOT of berries!!! I made a ton of jam (between that and the raspberry jam I made, we're set for the year!), and froze a bunch of berries, too.
Travis and Jayna's birthdays fall just 11 days apart, so this year, we had a small little immediate-family party for each of them, but then a joint one for extended family. I am so very thankful for the people in our lives who love our kids! And I love these pics of the two of them.
In mid-July (note: AFTER Klamath:), we want a spontaneous and short camping trip with most of Steve's squad. I admit, I was a bit nervous about it, as I had only met a few of these guys. But we had a fun time! The weather was great, and the only other family there happened to have two young boys who had a great time playing with our kids.
And this was just some random afternoon, hanging out in the kiddie pool!
5 comments:
Gotta love the daddy in the wading pool picture. A fun one to pull out in 15 years and remember how much hair or how skinny he was! (Or, in Steve's case, how much hair he doesn't even have at age 30!) Haha.
yay! I have been waiting for you to post pics from you super-summer of traveling and spending time with family. Can't wait to read more! Michele
I'll take some jam!
That pic of Steve in the pool cracks me up!
i like the pics off the kids with the pumpkins. they rock.
Post a Comment