I was just sitting here wasting time on the computer, listening to Travis and Jayna upstairs and thinking about how they've made me smile today - then it hit me that if I didn't write certain things down, I will most likely forget them down the road.
Travis stayed home from school today. It was actually the first day he's missed this year. He loves school and looks forward to going every day, so when he woke up this morning with a sore throat, runny nose, and cough ASKING if he could stay home from school, I knew he wasn't feeling well. I consented. I was hesitant, though, because usually when all 3 kids are home all day and we don't have any outing planned (as would have to be the case today), there is extra bickering, and the day can really drag.
But praise the Lord, today was great! Travis and Jayna played together SO well all day today. They've gone through quite a long phase of often constant fighting with each other, and any of you parents whose kids tend to argue a lot know that this will drive a parent CRAZY!!! Steve and I tried all sorts of things to MAKE IT STOP (separating them, confining them in the same room until they could figure it out, lecturing them, listening to them, teaching them how to communicate....really, we tried everything we could think of). But it often seemed like nothing we were doing was working. Anyway, sometime in the last few months, I noticed that they were arguing less, and playing together more. And it has only improved. They still fight sometimes, like all siblings, but I feel like we've turned a corner. For them to play all day together without one argument was such a blessing and relief!
The love continued - they wanted to have a sleepover together tonight. I wasn't about to stop them! But here's the funny part - I asked them where they were going to sleep (thinking either the boys' room or Jayna's room), and Travis replied, "On your bed". (note: Steve's working all night). I asked, "Then where will I sleep?". Travis answered simply and with a shrug, "In your closet". Wow, thanks Trav. :)
And finally, I just listened to Travis read several books to Jayna. He's been able to read for awhile now (simpler words and sentences), but he is now to the point where he can read entire children's books with little to no help. I love it! I couldn't help but smile to hear him ask Jayna, "Which one do you want me to read next?"
This picture is a preview of my next post...
6 comments:
Oh the bickering - it is enough to DRIVE. YOU. MAD. I am experiencing with not with my own kids (yet), but with Ada and the kids I care for. This can make or break the day, as you know. So happy for your blog post...and I LOVE the picture of the kids, especially the look on Evan's face. Too funny and cute!!
So where did you sleep? lol I know you and your siblings must have fought, I just don't remember it except the clothes fights. Treasure those days of contentment! Mom S.
Such an obvious alternative to the bed mom, clearly =) That is too cute. Gotta tell my brother to stop sleepin in there!! Its givin the kids ideas =) Cheryl
You do have a large closet! Glad they are playing better together.
OMSI in Portland for us today. Have a happy, happy Easter!
I hear you with the fighting. It drives me crazy. Sofia's scream when they fight is insane. Your kids looks so much bigger Sarabeth!
functions to be performed"Tiffany argued that the District Court did not analyze whether the Red Soel Mark was essential to the use and purpose of Louboutin's shoes, nor did it address how the function of a shoe "dictates" thatGucci bags the sole be covered entirely in red lacquer. It is clear, says Tiffany and the AmeriKat, that it would be a stretch for a court to hold that the red sole is dictated by the
escape," says Trevor Davis, a consumer product expert with International Business Machines' Global Business Services unit, in a press release. IBM conducted a study of social media posts and is predicting that women's heel heights, which are currently in nosebleed territory, are poised to come back down to Earth. "This time, something different is happening — perhaps a mood of long-term austerity
Co., the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit applied theGucci Bamboo aesthetic functionality doctrine and found that the defendant was entitled to copy the plaintiff's china designs, since the attractiveness of the design was the primary selling feature of the china and thereby served a non-trademark function. However, the Second Circuit specifically rejected the Pagliero test for aesthetic functionalit
igners themselves to find out exactly how they all happenedTiffany & Co. (TIF), the luxury jewelry company, submitted a friend-of-the-court brief on behalf of Christian Louboutin SA in the French shoe designer's trademark battleGucci Broadway with Yves St. Laurent America.Louboutin sued St. Laurent in federal court in Manhattan in April, claiming the use of red shoe soles by St. Laurent infringed its trademarks
Post a Comment