CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 10, 2011

Evan at 2

Quick question - I just finished writing this post and had it all spaced correctly, but then after I hit "publish", this is what it looks like. With the spacing all crazy. What the heck?! It drives me nuts. Anyway...








I neglected to write down anything here about Evan at his birthday, so I should probably do it now before I forget.



If I could pick just one word to describe Evan, it would be FUN. He really is such a crack-up, and definitely the clown of the family! Once he knows that something will make you laugh, you can bet that you'll here it again, and again, and again. Steve commented recently that Evan is at the most fun age. He could be right, or it could just be that Evan will always be one to make us laugh!
He is also...

...brave. Not necessarily reckless, thankfully, but he is quite willing to try certain things that most kids would not. This quality will serve him well in life, I believe. Here he is jumping off our rock wall.



...stubborn. Here he is, mad about something. We get this look a lot :)

...mischievious. I made muffins one afternoon, and set them at the back of the counter to cool, then went to do something around the house. When I came down a bit later, I found this...

and Evan, caught! The guilty look on his face is priceless! This incident also shows his...ingenuity, I guess? In order to get to whatever smelled good, he moved one of the kitchen chairs over to the counter, got the muffin and took it to his place at the table, moved the chair back, and then climbed into his chair to start eating. Stinker.
...cuddly. He is definitely the most snuggly of the three kids. All you really have to do is pick him up, and he almost always lays his head right down on your shoulder. I don't want him to ever grow out of that!

...observant. Wow, this kid learns sooooo much from Travis and Jayna! It's amazing how much kids learn from each other - good or bad! He sure knows how to throw a fit when he doesn't get his way with Travis or Jayna, but most of the time he really just loves playing with them.

On the other hand, he is very independent and loves to explore by himself....which usually involves making messes and/or getting in to things he shouldn't :)

Beyond that, he is a great sleeper, almost always on the go and almost never one to sit and watch a show, and like the other kids - he loves to be outside. Oh, and he LOVES his blanky.



Some of the things he says....

"Denna" - Jayna

"Dawis" - Travis

"Dessie" - Jessie

"Dop it!" - stop it

"Duh you" - love you

"Mine" (a current favorite of his)

"ont go aside" - want go outside

And finally, a video that is classic Evan! I heard him talking/singing in bed one night long after Travis had fallen asleep and tried to sneak in on him. Yes, he is singing "Tomorrow" from Annie - because it's Jayna's favorite song and he's heard her sing it many times. And the end is an example of him being a clown - one day when Steve told him he loved him, Evan replied, "Okay" just like you hear, and we all cracked up...so that's how he answers every time now. (sorry it's so dark)






11 comments:

Bonnie Kim

Hilarious! He is adorable. Love him!

Becky

LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is getting sooo big!

Jeremy and Laura Lebow

The picture of him in the high chair eating looks EXACTLY like Travis! Your kids definitely all look like brothers and sisters, that's for sure! Good update!

Cedar

What a cutie pie!

I often have problems with blogger spacing. I changed my settings from
meaning a space between lines to a space (enter) meaning it. Then I edit in HTML and remove extra blank lines. That usually fixes my spacing.

Others use another program to write blog posts like Windows Live Writer and appear to have less problems.

Schwartz

Thanks for that! I hate not getting to spend time with them, but it is nice to see/read a little about who they are! Hoping we will get to see you this summer, if you're able to make it down to Klamath the last week of July? We will end our itinerary soon! He is adorable!!!

donatebysurvey
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Engman family

Ev! What a cutie. Your whole synapsis just totally reminded me of Hudson - either it's genetic or just the age I guess!

hapi

Hi Steve & Sarabeth, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

security equipment

This is not the first of your posts I've read, and you never cease to amaze me. Thank you, and I look forward to reading more.

Anonymous

In the family has two cats, a male mother. Male calling "meow meow", a year old. Female calling "mew mew", over three years old. One day's, "mew mew" discovered that the son hides secretly in the balcony smokes, made the smog winds around, "mew mew" does not like smelling the smoke taste very much, was angry. It rises with a spring, stretches out the cat fingernail, simply agily asks the price with no intention of buying the son hand's in smoke in the Newport Cigarettes Official Website. "meow meow" follows close on after that rushes pulls randomly treads randomly, smoke immediately "horrible to look at".

The son loved dearly said that 10 dollar Newports foods, then. I said that get what one deserves, the family has "the no-smoking bodyguard", looked that you also dare to pull out. Your small age learned to smoke, the health does not want! Son argument: "I also knew that smokes not well, but others non-for me, therefore" I said: "I knew that therefore you were afterward left, right has drawn up rightly? Finally has become the custom, became addicted rightly Newport Cigarettes? I also knew that from the very beginning you take the pocket money to buy the hard packing, afterward the scale came up, bought the processed foods, right? This may not be good, starting today, you must stop smoking." The son said: "everybody knew that stops smoking difficultly. Some people abstained the innumerable inferior Marlboro Lights

Anonymous

have come to associate a particular color with a particular brand, causing the color to identify the source of the product.A product feature cannot be registered if the feature is functional. In Qualitex v. Jacobson,Herve Leger UK the US Supreme Court held that a product feature qualifies as functional if it is essential to the use or purpose of the article or if it impacts the cost or quality of the article. P

they also meet the quality of the originals. You can thus walk in confidence knowing full well that each step you take is a step forward into feeling and looking fabulous.This had the heart to sink with christian louboutin Herve Leger Bandage Dresssale pondering, she began some wonder, what the mouth says Feng Shen wing that matter, what kind of a situation? Both husband and wife will have their response surprised."Clamo

uth, the hearts of a large stone came to be considered, but also her mind was very contradictory. Because her daughter did not come back before, even if Hu Xiaoyan and then how to get this thing naughty, it would be only upset them the stink face, then inside, then outside the hint, and now her back door, and if her mother do not speak of this to do I am afraid really no peace at home. David Villa

dustry is dependent on color which as a whole is a medium thatHerve Leger Black Dress should be available for all to paint with as tastes, idiosyncrasies and moods change. The question is much narrower than whether fashion designers in general should be allowed to use any color on any product, but whether Louboutin's competitors need to use red soles to compete effectively.Tiffany's main criticism is that the court shou