Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Book recommendation
I LOVE to read, and I just finished a book that I highly recommend. The title is "My Hands Came Away Red", by Lisa McKay (her debut novel). It is Christian fiction, which I'm generally not very impressed by...I find Christian novels often full of easy answers and lacking depth. But this one was honest, intense, fast-paced, and tackled a subject that Christians often find easy to ignore. It was SO good! A general summary of the plot: An 18 yr. old girl goes with 5 others on a summer mission trip in Indonesia, they find themselves in the midst of major violence stemming from Christian/Muslim conflict. That's a really lame summary, so just trust me, it's good. The author portrayed the emotional and spiritual conflicts perfectly...she didn't gloss over anything, but she also didn't ramble and fill it with "fluff". All right, you get the point. Read it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you all are doing well! It has been a long time since I have heard anything about you guys. Your kids are adorable:) I'm going to check that book out.
Rachelle Fast
Post a Comment