CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Potty trained!!


That's right...Travis is potty trained! Yahoo! And what's really great is that it was actually not a terribly difficult thing. I was expecting, or at least had geared myself up for, a longer process, but it really only took two days! We started on Monday, and he had an "accident" every time except twice. Same thing on Tuesday morning, until naptime when he woke up crying and wanting to sit on the potty, and he pooped! And since then, he's only had one accident. What tricks did we use, you ask? Nothing earth-shattering...just M & M's as rewards, and special underwear that he picked out at the store (Elmo and Thomas the train). We encouraged him "not to get Elmo wet", and that also provided motivation. At this point, it's still a lot of work since he needs help with the whole process, but that will get easier with time. It's so fun to see him excited and proud of himself. Three cheers for Travis!


Travis on his "loilet". Our favorite feature? The "splashguard".

4 comments:

Tiffany Nevil

NO WAY SARABETH! Didn't I just ask you a couple weeks ago if you guys had started? 2 days! I can only hope!
Way to go!

Mashel

Way to go Travis!!!What a big boy!

Kara

Oh Sarabeth,I hope it will be that easy for us.. but I am not counting on it. I keep trying to work up the courage to start with Sofia, but I don't think that she is quite ready, so I think I will wait a couple of more months. I may need some coaching, because me and poop do not get along very well (not that anyone likes it.. but I really really don't like it)

Becky

GOOOOO TRAVIS!!!