The election is finally over, and I'm feeling many things...
Relief. I am soooooooooo happy for an end to political ads, no more signs everywhere you drive, an end to political debates and whining (or at least less of this), no more wondering how it's all going to turn out. Seriously, this had to have been the longest election in American history.
Heavy-hearted. I am not pleased with many elections results, on both the state and national levels. At all.
And yet, I'm still very hopeful. Believe it or not, Barack Obama is no one's savior. All hope for this world lies in Jesus Christ, and He is the one I will continue to trust in.
Convicted--to pray! If you are a believer, you need to be praying, regardless of your place on the political spectrum. I am guilty...I remember to pray for our nation and our nation's leaders at certain times (election, July 4th, whenever the pastor reminds me to, etc.), but I need to be praying for these people on a consistent basis. And for all of you who are unhappy with our new president, you especially should pray! God will hear your prayers, and it will soften your heart, too.
I'm sorry to sound so preachy...after this post I'll get back to "family" stuff. And in the meantime, I get to watch TV political ad-free! Now THAT is something to be excited about!
P.S. Edited to add...the latest song I added to our blog (playing now) is one of my new favorites, and it is a perfect representation of the hope we have in Jesus. Listen to it!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the Laura Story song, too. Amen to all you said. Our pastor reminded us this last Sunday that God is in control whatever happens with the election. I have to remember that He has it all written out in His book way ahead of time anyway!
Amen, thanks for that, Sarabeth. Love you, Mom
SB, you spoke the words of my heart. I love your writing and the way you describe things. Your reminders are well received. I'm so glad God has it under control and I can rest in that knowledge. Love ya girl.
So glad you wrote this! I fully share your perspective and have been strengthened in my heart to know that Jesus is King over all and it is He who raises up rulers and takes them down. He has a purpose for His children in America and we know that all things will work for good to those who are called!...
so glad you took the time to "preach" a little ;)
Well said. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and really what it falls back on is God is still God. I place my trust in Him not in our President anyway, why should this change?
Post a Comment