Yesterday was the official beginning of the Christmas season in our house. In the morning we went to a Christmas family breakfast with Santa down at the police station. The kids had no interest in Santa (actually, they were afraid of him), but we ate good food, won a door prize, and had a fun time!
Then we set off to find the perfect Christmas tree. We decided to just go for a drive to Orting and find a tree farm...it turns out there are at least 10 to choose from in Orting. The first place was not so great, but we found success at our second stop. I don't have a ton of great pictures, but I do have a few. We had originally planned on going with some friends last weekend to find a tree, but I ended up playing piano for a memorial service and Steve had some work stuff to get done. But we had some really great family time doing things on our own, so it all worked out. The kids were happy and enjoying themselves all morning, and then went down for naps as soon as we got home.
I love Christmas! It is so fun to begin traditions with our own little family and re-create some of the memories that are so dear to me from my own childhood. Steve will be hanging lights tomorrow, I'll be finishing putting out the decorations and sending out Christmas cards, and in the next couple of weeks I'll be baking and shopping and visiting with family. There is really nothing about this season that I dislike!
I wanted to use this picture for our Christmas cards but it's a bit blurry. So we used the one at the top of the page.
If you saw our tree right after we finished decorating it, you'd see 90% of our ornaments within about a 2 square feet area. I did some rearranging:)
4 comments:
What do you mean you didn't get many pictures? Looks like a lot of cute ones to me. I love Jayna's pigtails.
We wondered where you were on Tree Cutting day. We missed you guys, but glad you had a good family outing!
Love the pics! I was needing some Christmasy ones to put on my screen at work! Sounds like a fun day! Grannyb sends hugs!
Cute pictures! Little dolls.
Post a Comment