CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

The family clothing closet


Can you tell which part of doing laundry I loathe? That's right...folding the clothes, and especially putting them away. Steve installed these shelves, which makes the folding part easier, but now the clothes just sit on the shelves until we need to wear them. But hey, they're clean!
I need to get past this mental block I have against putting clothes away...what is the chore that you dread the most?

10 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow

Can "all of them" be my answer? I guess if I have to pick one that is actually a daily thing, I get tired of dustbusting the Mattie hair around the edges of our kitchen floor! I was thrilled tonight when Justin pulled that one out of our new "chore cup" and it will be his job for the rest of the week! :)

Kara

I am with you girl. Folding isn't the problem... it is putting them away that I can't get around too. My pile accumulates on the couch unfortunately.

The Johnsons

I've got it! All you need is a ladder and I'm sure Jayna would happily climb the thing to help you out! Hmmm, she might not be able to carry the clothes and climb. - I pulley system - yes! That's the answer!

Jessy

I have a chair that I LOVE in my bedroom (complete with a massage pad Houston got me for Christmas last year), but most of the time I can't even see it under all the shirts waiting to be hung in the closet!

You are not alone sistah!

LDraper

Bathrooms. I really don't like cleaning bathrooms.

And, I too, am terrible about putting the folded laundry away. I'm trying SO hard to get better about it.

Schwartz

Pre-Ada there were two chores I actually didn't mind doing...one was laundry, the other grocery shopping. I now HATE doing both activities. I have been really bad about leaving stuff in the dryer, and then have to iron it because it gets so wrinkled (which actually makes MORE work).

The other thing I despise doing is cleaning the filter out of our vacuum cleaner. It is a bagless vacuum, which we thought would be "cool". It's not. Reaching your hand into the container to get out the rest of the "dust" and "stuff" is no fun.

Michele

Bonnie Kim

I hate washing pots and pans in the sink and shaking out rugs. Otherwise, I like to clean!

Anonymous

I always liked laundry and folding, but the putting away part got to me, too. That's why I made you guys put away your own once you were old enough. But dusting...I HATE dusting! It's such a never ending job!

Becky

Just be like me and don't clean! lol. jk, well okay not really jk. I just need to be a better cleaner in general. I blame it on the house though.

Julie

I hate folding too. It helps if I just dump it all on the floor of the family room and fold while watching TV or a movie, but still, so many things I'd rather be doing. That and hand washing the dishes that can't go in the washer. What a drag.