CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sunshine and a shower

Saturday was the first of FOUR whole days in a row of sunshine we've had here in Tacoma...finally! I've been missing the sun, and it's been so nice to get the kids out of the house and enjoy it. Saturday morning, we went to the annual Daffodil Parade. Last year, as you may recall, Travis spent the ENTIRE parade covering his ears AND crying. So much that we almost left the parade halfway through. This year, there was no crying, only covering of the ears. Improvement! Maybe that means next year he will actually enjoy the parade?! Actually, even though he didn't seem to be having the time of his life, he has referred back to the parade several times, talking about the things he liked (his favorites were the clowns and naming the instruments in the marching band). Jayna just kind of sat there taking it all in, but did get very excited every time she saw horses.


Travis sporting his new sunglasses...not yet knowing how loud the parade will be:)

And now he knows.


Mommy and Jayna, snuggled in a blanket.
And now Travis, finally happy.


After the parade, we went to McDonald's with some friends, and then Steve gave me a slightly fishy story that involved needing to stop by the church (but obviously not too fishy, because I believed him!)....as it turns out, a surprise baby shower was waiting for me there! Apparently it had been in the works for quite some time, and I had absolutely NO clue!! I was so not expecting it, and felt so loved and cared for. Thank you, ladies!! Thank you for celebrating this new little life with me!

5 comments:

Jessy

We were near the start of the parade route - sorry we missed you!

We were so happy to be part of your shower and to be there to see the look on your beet-red face! :)

Anonymous

Wow. You have some nice friends. Very sweet.

That Travis - so funny! Eric and I were talking about the differences between Travis and Ethan - Travis not wanting to get dirty and Ethan going for the nearest mud puddle. Travis covering his ears and Ethan chasing the sirens....

Cute pics!!

Melanie

Becky

I like the pic with Travis smiling with his ears covered. I think about him a lot when we have fire drills because there are always at least 2 or 3 of the pre-schoolers who are bawling on their way out, covering their ears. Their little ears must be a lot more sensitive to the noise than ours are.

Kara

I love the picture of Travis covering his ears! That is sweet of your friends. Every time Chris has ever tried to surprise me, I have not bene as cooperative for some reason:).

Julie

I'm sorry that I missed your shower. I had every intention on going but naturally with Gideon still in the hospital there was a change of plans. I also missed ALL of the sunny days. Do you think you could have ANOTHER shower, just for me? ha ha :)