In honor of Evan turning NINE months old today, I wanted to share a quick story...
A week ago or so... Evan began trying to climb the stairs. He never really was able to get past the first stair, plus I'd always pull him off before he could get any further even if he wanted to.
Yesterday... with me right behind him, he climbed 12 of the 15 stairs by himself!! Just out of the blue! T & J were headed up, and apparently he wanted to go, too! He was a bit shaky and would have fallen a couple of times if I hadn't been right behind him, but he did all the work himself. I really couldn't believe it.
Today... I was working with Travis on his reading (Jayna was napping, Evan was crawling around and playing) when I realized at one point that I didn't know where Evan was. So I looked around downstairs...and freaked when I couldn't find him. The thought didn't even cross my mind that he might be upstairs, but when a second search around the downstairs revealed no Evan, I went up. Sure enough, he had climbed all 15 stairs by himself, and I found him in the kids' bathroom headed for the toilet. Holy cow!! Seriously, my jaw dropped.
I don't know, maybe there are other babies out there this age who do this sort of thing all the time, but for a Butts baby, this was just really surprising! The other two didn't even crawl until at least 11 months, and didn't walk until 14 1/2 months and 13 months, respectively. And we never had to put a gate at the bottom of the stairs (we did at the top) because neither of them ever even attempted to climb the stairs until they were good and able. And I guess it also was shocking to me simply because he's STILL A BABY, darn it!! 9 months, and he's capable of going wherever he wants. Yikes.
Needless to say, we will be buying some baby gates soon. And in the next few months, I will be clinging to every last bit of "baby" still left in him...because he sure seems eager to grow up! Sigh.
4 comments:
i noticed that he is quite the mover when we were there...i guess he has to keep up with older bro and sis! MRS
NO! I need to see him as a baby before he changes! He sure is pretty though! Love his eyes.
Cliche...they grow up so fast...
IS TRUE! Mom
How funny!! Love that guy!
Post a Comment