This past weekend I went with my three sisters and my mom to Seaside, OR, for a girls' getaway trip...it was amazing! On many levels, really....first, just to be free of mommy responsibilites for 2 1/2 days was so relaxing. I made dinner for everyone on Saturday night, and even though it took me a while, it was actually enjoyable to me because I wasn't being torn in 10 different directions as I was cooking. Anyway, there are few places that compare to the Oregon coast, even on the rainiest of weekends! It was beautiful. We stayed in a very cute little house, one of the oldest in Seaside, and it was just a few blocks from the beach, as well as all the little downtown shops. On Saturday, we went to a spa and each received our chosen treatments...I had a hot stone massage and a facial. The massage was amazing, but let me tell you, if you have never had a good facial, I highly recommend it. If I could spend the money, I'd have one every month! Let's see, aside from all that, we also did a lot of just hanging out/talking/gaming/eating. Oh, and I did a whole 750 piece puzzle...I know, I'm a geek. And of course, the best part was that I was with my family...I am so blessed to be part of my family, one that loves to be together and has SO much fun together! An "outsider" might think we're kind of weird (we have kind of our own special sense of humor when we're all together...Steve is always rolling his eyes at us when he's around us), but it is one of the best feelings in the world to have a place where you know you belong, where you can breathe easily and not feel a bit of pressure to be anyone/anything you are not.
Okay, enough mush. I will add that I did miss my hubby and kiddos. I was telling my sisters that I'm always happy to have a break from them, but then I can't help but think about how much fun they'd be having if they were here, too. Travis has only been to the ocean once, when he was about 9 months, and he would have loved it. I was happy to see them when I got home...so I guess that means the trip served it's purpose of bringing me new energy and motivation.
P.S....Michele, you're coming with us next year! Or maybe the year after that, since you'll still be in AZ next year. In any case, we need you in on our new annual trip!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't WAIT to come!!!!! Michele
that sounds so cool Sarabeth. I am so jealous, I want a massage and facial. that is great that you had so much fun.
Hey,
I think that I should be a part of the seaside retreat even though I'm not family!
Post a Comment