Thursday, May 15, 2008
Making bath time fun again...
I need help! Someone tell me how to make bath time fun for my 11 month old. It is so strange because she used to absolutely love baths, but about a month ago she started screaming every time I put her in the water, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. And it's now to the point where I dread giving her baths! No, she has never had a traumatic experience in the water, and yes, we are very careful about the temperature of the water. I've tried different toys, getting in with her, and making a fool out of myself to try to get her to even smile. Nothing works. She cries (which is very rare in itself) from the minute we put her in 'til the minute we take her out. Ideas, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Does she take a bath with Travis? She might think it's funner that way. Or maybe something like blowing bubbles. Sorry for you, that's no fun!
Show her a picture of Aunt Bon and all her troubles will melt away...
Does getting in with Travis help? He's such an entertaining fellow! Perhaps something she absolutely loves that she only gets when she's taking a bath? If nothing works, I'd say just make it as quick as possible. It's hopefully just a phase. Good luck!
I'll take some hints on tooth brushing that don't involve a headlock! Mel
We went through the same thing with Trey and Kaylee about that age. We ended up back in the kitchen sink... I put the one who liked baths in the sink with the other sitting on the counter with his or her feet in. Eventually the one on the counter got a quick dunk to soap and rinse. I also kept the faucet running, they thought it was fun to touch the water coming out of the faucet, even when they didn't really like sitting in it. I could do a fair amount of washing that way. Perhaps, if Travis can still fit in your kitchen sink, Jayna can perch on the counter. Eventually the random dislike of baths disappeared for just as uncertain a reason as it began.
Hi Sarabeth!!
So fun to read your blog and see your precious kiddos....
About the bath, since summertime's coming, you can just let them swim in the kiddy pool each day and skip it! : )
Congrats to Steve!!!
Post a Comment