Festivities for Jayna's birthday included a party on Saturday and a mini-party on her actual birthday. On Saturday we had some family in town (including my sisters who ran the Sound to Narrows run with me), so we decided to make a party out of it. After the run, we all went to the zoo, and then came home for a BBQ/birthday party. Thank you to Aunt Cheryl, Aunt Melanie, Uncle Eric, Ethan, Aunt Bonnie, Great-G & G Schwartz, and G & G Butts for helping us celebrate our little girl!
I'll post more 1-year pictures later, but these will do for now.
Jayna at the beginning and then end of our trip to the zoo.
At one year old, Jayna is 23 lbs. 11oz., and 29 1/4 inches. She's finally down to "average" size...70th percentile in height and weight. She most definitely has blue eyes, and as you can see, enough hair that I could braid it if I wanted. She sleeps 11-12 hours at night and takes 2 naps a day...I've lucked out so far with great sleepers! We have a "nigh-night" song we sing to the kids at bedtime, and she'll actually start singing it herself, which is often an indicator that she's ready for bed. She is an avid explorer, very cuddly, and has a very sweet demeanor, though I am starting to see that she can be a fighter when she wants to be (like when Travis won't leave her alone!). She is quite the talker...her current repertoire of words include: mama, dada, hi, kitty (ditty), night (niiii), and Jayna (nanna), and she has babbling down to an art. She doesn't mind being held by most people, but she definitely prefers Steve or me. And she thinks Ziggy, our cat, is the funniest creature ever, even when all Ziggy does is walk past her. Favorite foods include string cheese, pb sandwiches, bananas, graham crackers, ravioli, yogurt, and almost any fruit.
Happy birthday, sweet girl! You are beautiful in every way, you bring so much joy to our lives, and we thank God for you daily!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jayna! It's been such a delight to have seen you grow this year. By the way you've always been "average size" to me!! You so beautiful.
Happy Birthday Sweet Jayna B. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there to help you celebrate but I will see you soon! Hugs and kisses from your Grannyb!
What a beautiful little girl! I can't believe she's a year old already. I adore her hair...I bet she never gets mistaken for a boy!!! (Aspen does all the time)
Post a Comment