CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Favorite verses

I recently adopted Romans 8:38-39 as my "life verse"--one that I want to embrace wholeheartedly and live by. It reads: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord". There is so much power in that verse...to know that there is absolutely nothing I could do that would make God love me any less. I am loved by the God of the universe, and His love for me is unshakable. Wow.

In trying to choose a verse, however, there were literally six or seven I was trying to choose between (and that was after narrowing down the list). And so, I am curious...what is one of your favorite verses? Please share!

4 comments:

Jeremy and Laura Lebow

Wow, one verse, huh? that's tough. I have always liked Romans 8:28 about God working all things for His glory . . . when I was in high school, my theme verse was matthew 5:16 about letting your light shine so others can see God and praise him in Heaven. So many good verses to choose from . . .

Anonymous

Mine is Phil. 4:4-7 since 1) there is ALWAYS something to rejoice about and 2) there is always something to be anxious (worry) about and 3) God's peace is ALWAYS available to us. Mom S.

Bonnie Kim

Today I came across a verse that I had written down awhile ago and it really struck me today as something I needed to hear and a beautiful truth. It is Psalm 73:26. "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Julie

Ephesians 3:20 for nearly everything. It pretty much covers everything from job issues to not sleeping children. Psalm 4:8 when my sleep own is disturbed.