CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just call me Picasso

This weekend I finally finished painting/putting together Travis' room, and we love it! It is camping-themed, complete with a tent, camping chair, glow-in-the-dark stars, and trees on the wall. I think Steve was a little doubtful that the trees would turn out looking okay, but they're not bad!(?) Travis showed lots of excitement every time a new element was added to the room, especially when we added the final touch of the stars. He kept bringing me in the room with him, turning off the lights, closing the blinds, and laying on the bed to look at the stars. So sweet. Oh, and he's been sleeping in his tent for every nap and every night. I'm glad he likes it, because we plan on sticking with this decor for a while!


Adding several "small touches" really added to the overall theme...here is a set of 3 bear pictures I found at Ikea for $4 (on the closet wall, for those who know his room), and he also has two bear paw towel hooks, a bear (piggy) bank, and a lantern that Steve will hang from the ceiling.

The kids playing in the tent.

11 comments:

Becky

He will love this weekend then!

Jeremy and Laura Lebow

The trees did turn out cute. They look really cartoonish.

Mashel

Good job, that looks so cute! I love it.

Tiffany Nevil

Too cute SB! You are quite the artist!

Bonnie Kim

It looks great!

Karyn

So cute! What a great idea and the trees look great!

Crystal

So cute, I love it!

Julie

I think it looks great - especially the trees!

Tiffany

Love the room! You did a great job and it's always nice when the kiddos applaud your efforts! So cool! Great poo story earlier, too. It's brings me great joy to know there are other mothers out there with glorious poo smear stories! We should have a support group for that. :)

Julie

I think it looks fabulous! Love the trees and the tent. What a fun bedroom!

Kara

You are Picasso in my eyes my dear. Could you come and do the same thing for Gabe please?