CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter fun


Our Easter celebration began on Saturday when we went down to Littlerock to visit my grandparents (aka Granny and Grandpa Goose). More of my extended family was there, as well, including lots of kids, and we had lots of fun. When it came time for the Easter egg hunt, we may have helped Travis a bit too much because he had more eggs than anyone, though I'm not sure he would have found more than two without any help! Oh well...next year he's on his own!

My mom was here for the weekend, which was a treat, and my sister Bonnie came down for the afternoon on Sunday, and we had a gourmet meal cooked by yours truly...okay, just kidding. About the gourmet part, that is. I just got one of those precooked/flavored hams...I love shortcuts in cooking! It was fun to dress the kids up, color eggs, and have the egg hunt for Travis, even if it did have to be indoors. Our Easter service was a great one, particularly the worship (for me, anyway).

I remember as a kid I didn't much care for Easter. I'm not sure exactly why, other than that I didn't especially like to get all dolled up, or sitting through what seemed to be a longer service than usual. And I think that as a kid, the idea of someone dying on the cross for you so you can have eternal life is a pretty abstract one. But as I've grown and come to more appreciate the significance of the holiday, I love it more every year. It is hard to comprehend the depth of love required for God to make such a sacrifice.

As much as I truly love being a part of our church's worship team, this was the first time in years that I haven't played piano/horn/whatever, and it was nice to have a break from it. When you are part of easter services, it makes for a REALLY long day, and it was nice just to be with my family this time around.


3 comments:

The Johnsons

Yeah! I finally remembered on my own to look at blogs! Ok so Mashel reminded me - a lot . But you guys are right they are fun. I might try it.

You guys look so great! I love the cutie Jayna hat!
love, abby

Mashel

Abby, you asked me for the link, I was only doing what you had asked!!!But reallly you should try it.
Sarabeth, the kids look so cute! I love the outfits. I really wish we would have saw you, and gotten the kids pictures together, since all mine were in green too, it would have been cute.

Kara

OH what a sweet family. We are trying to think of what kinds of Easter traditions we want to set as a family. I love Easter.