CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

We did it!

Two of my sisters and I ran in the Birch Bay Road Race today, and...we finished! Yahoo! We all did the 5K race (about 3.2 miles, so I'm told), and while none of us came in even close to first, none of us came in last, either! It took a lot of self-motivation to get ourselves out the door of the house this morning in the first place...we had to get up early, and it was raining/hailing (hard) as we left and for the whole drive there. Like to the point where I had a hard time seeing the road in front of me. But by the time we arrived at Birch Bay it had stopped raining, and the cold was actually nice after we started running. It was a bit intimidating when we arrived because it seemed like everyone was wearing all this specialized running clothing (you know, those super short shorts that men wear and the full-body spandex that women wear). This was serious business! Oh, and people were already running, like to warm up, except at a faster pace than I have ever run in my life. Then again, there were quite a few walkers, and even this cute little old man who was hobbling along, giving it his all. Anyway, I'm glad we did it. Next goal.... the 10K race in June (Sound to Narrows). I'm sure I will be very slow, but today gave me hope that I can at least finish respectably.

Yeah for us!!

5 comments:

Mashel

You go Girl! I am proud of you. You set out to do something, and you are doing it. Good job.

Anonymous

Congratulations Sarabeth! Fantastic feeling!
XO
Tiff B

Anonymous

Congratulations! I am proud of all three of you!!! Michele

Bonnie Kim

actually I did get first place....I lapped you and you didn't even know it. I didn't want to rub it in....

Anonymous

I would love to run a race with all of you some day....
Love your comment, Bonnie!
Now to get Becky going...