CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Soap, please

A while back, when Travis moved out of the nursery at church and in to an actual classroom, we began asking him what he learned in church that day. The first time we asked him turned into a conversation I'll never forget. Very short and simple, but I pray it was the beginning of a deep faith. It went something like this:

Me: Travis, what did you learn in church today?
T: Mmmm, Jesus.
Me: Oh, what about Jesus?
T: (very seriously) Follow Jesus.

This obviously made us smile, and yes, I got a little teary-eyed, I'll admit. We try to ask him questions like this regularly, and the answer is almost always "Jesus", with not much elaboration.

So yesterday, we're in the car and having our little conversation with him..here's an excerpt:

Steve: And who washes our sins away? (expecting the usual response...)
Travis: (again, very seriously) Uuuum...soap.

Makes sense in a 2-year-old mind!

2 comments:

Becky

Aww. Travis is so funny. Did Bonnie ever tell you about when Jimmy's kid called her Jesus? You should ask her about it.

Anonymous

Love it! Grannibeth